Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Duke



Seen it and want to keep it.
Watched this last night, and know I will want to watch it more than once. Can't wait to get a copy of my own. It's a kleenex box needed movie, but it touches your heart and you don't even have to love dogs to enjoy it, but is will sure appeal to dog lovers, border collie fans, and just plain soft hearted romantics of the world. Gives a good insight into what some of the returning vets,and their families are facing too. Recommend it for a Hallmark flic as not being to sappy either.

A story of survival for one veteran and his four legged friend!
As soon as my daughter brought this movie to my attention I had to see it! It has two of my special interests, the first (of course) being dogs and how they relate to their two legged friends, the second the mental and physical aspect of any returning soldier.

PTSD (or Post Traumatic Syndrome Disorder) is (finally) recognized around the globe yet has existed for as long as warriors have been in active duty. It can be summarized also that it is not only soldiers but anyone who has undergone dramatic experiences as well as their immediate families which often suffers the consequences.

I have seen first hand PTSD resulting of four years of trench fare (grandfather), WW 2 labour camp (father) and soldiers who have come and gone (ret. AFES caseworker for ARC). I hope you will join me later this week as I return to this subject with another review!

Terry Pulaski's story related in the movie 'DUKE' will introduce anyone to the struggles even the most...

Supberb
Duke was excellent and one all individuals who love DOGS, I cried each time I've watched it and would love more movies such as this

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment