Tuesday, September 17, 2013

NFL Super Bowl XLVII Champions: 2012 Baltimore Ravens [Blu-ray]



For Every Fan of Pro Football
I found myself in the unlikely position of a New Orleans Saints fan who plunked down a nice chunk of change to attend Super Bowl XLVII and rooting for both teams. On one hand, I was overjoyed beyond explanation that the 49ers had kept our arch rival Atlanta Falcons away from a Super Bowl on our own turf. I also have become a fan of the young superstar Colin Kaepernik, who played his 10th NFL start in the Super Bowl. On the other hand, I was also rooting for Ray Lewis, Michael Ohr, Jacoby Jones, and Ed Reed on the Ravens' side. I wound up sitting in the center of the Poydras Street end zone Loge (mid-level). From this vantage point, I could clearly see that Colin was an absolute nervous wreck for the entire first half, changing almost every play at the line and nearly running out the play clock each time. A 49er lady fan also noted the same thing. Half time did not solve his problem, and the Ravens were ahead 28-6 when the lights went out at 1:38 into the third quarter. This 34-minute...

More of a Review than anything New
I'm a pretty solid Ravens fan. I'm sure everyone who purchases this is as well. I just have to let people know what this is before they buy it.

If you are a casual fan you may enjoy this. It summarizes the season pretty well and gives the main events of the season. Almost like a 'cliff notes' of last season by someone who isn't particularly passionate about the Ravens.

If you are a pretty solid fan, you may want to purchase this just for memory's sake, but the film itself is nothing new. If you've followed the season, watched all the post/pre-game interviews, followed all the story lines, read all the articles on the ravens website, you won't see anything exclusive in this film.

In fact, I'm not sure but I feel that this was produced by the "NFL" not the Ravens organization and it really shows. It doesn't bleed purple and black like I thought it would. It failed to capture the high emotions of the playoffs, even the Broncos game which in...

Well put together BluRay
The 1080 on this is visually stunning. It looks as though the football players are right there with you. I love the special features section. I just wish they would of made it a bit longer in the segments. But overall, if you are a Ravens fan it is a must for your collection. Nice to put this one next to the 2000 Superbowl set which is only available on DVD. It does show segments for mic'd up as well as best shots (hits between players) during the 12 season.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment