Monday, September 23, 2013

Satan's Angel: Queen of the Fire Tassels



Awesome!
This documentary is great. It's about burlesque, classic and neo, queerness, age, history. I would definitely recommend it. Additionally, anyone who likes this should also check out Exotic World and the Burlesque Revival ([...]). They are very different, but include many of the same people.

Very Well Made Documentary
This was a very well made documentary of a famous burlesque performer's life. I enjoyed seeing Angel's story told from her childhood in the 50's and her career path taking hold in the more liberated 60's to the present time. I really liked seeing clips of her past performances and how she has evolved over the years. She is very honest and open about her life, and she doesn't hold anything back. It was fascinating to see how she has championed the art of burlesque and continues to inspire younger generations of burlesque performers today.

Just awesome
I'm a fan of burlesque and queer cinema. I really enjoyed this slice of history, much of which occurred right in my backyard (San Francisco). It's a great documentary and Angel is an incredible human being. I fell in love with her and Vic watching this movie.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment