Monday, September 16, 2013

Hidden



Lots of action
Given the acting prowess of David Suchet and Philip Glenister, I thought this series would be a hands-down winner on every front. Don't get me wrong: it is good. But in my opinion, it isn't five-stars great. It has action in abundance and Philip Glenister plays the likable 'tough-guy" with his usual aplomb, He's a slightly shabby private investigator who gets embroiled in a situation he doesn't understand by a beautiful and mysterious woman he cannot resist. (Kind of a cliche, yes? But no matter . . . .) Before he knows it, his own life is in danger -- but by whom? And more to the point, why? How does his own past have a bearing on this case? Having sat through all the episodes (and having enjoyed them to some extent) I still am unsure of the plot details. The action tends to obscure the limitations of the plot line and carries the viewer along in the swiftness of its wake. It is entertaining to be sure, but it is not a deeply satisfying or finely-crafted mystery.

A PRICELESS MOVIE
I WATCHED all the episodes in one night. A thrill a minute, good characters, motivation of each very plausible. And I like Gleneister in everything he is in. Never for one minute did I guess the ending, the villains. The Brits know how to make a series that keeps one guessing and satisfied.

Response
Excellent! I watched it in its entirety within 3 days! A Different twist of WW II ! Acting superb LOVE IT!

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment